Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,481,983   Online: 856

Shooter
    35mm

Beseler 67C--Opinions On This Kit

I'd like to make the next step in developing my own film and begin enlarging and wet printing ( if that's the correct term ). I've found what appears to be a great deal on a Beseler 67C enlarger with a large amount of accessories. I'll give the list that the seller gave me and attach photos he sent. Curious about folks opinions on this enlarger. I'll only do B+W up to 8x10 and only 35mm negs.

The list:
    - 67C head, frame and board in original boxes (the board has some marks, the 67c is beautiful)
    - 50mm f3.5 lens and lens board in boxes
    - 67C owners manual (in green notebook folder)
    - (1) 16x20 tray
    - (5) 11x14 trays
    - 1 light safe for paper
    - timer
    - safe light
    - Patterson focus finder in origanl box
    - Patterson developing take with 2 reels in box
    - Kodak color and darkroom guides

The enlarger kit is 2 hrs drive one way and the cost is $65. This is a cross post to RFF, but only one response in the forum. If this is a fine enlarger I'll pick it up this weekend.

Thanx--Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beseler67C-all.jpg   Beseler67C-close 1.jpg   Beseler67C-head.jpg  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Looks quite nice. You don't see them new in the box for that price very often, although I did get my 23C (light blue version) that way for $100 US years ago. I'd say grab it before someone else does - it should do everything that you want to do easily, and it even comes with a 35mm negative carrier. The only thing that I would say is that that lens is decent enough to get started with, but you may want to look into getting something like a 6 element el-nikkor 50mm at some point. They are usually really inexpensive and give very good results, especially for the low price. You'll not likely have any problems from the lens that comes with this kit, but those are, at least in my experience, basically economy lenses.

Have fun with your new setup, but be warned, it's very addictive!

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Compared to new prices, a real steal.

Good starter kit.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had a 67C like this since I bought it new in the late 70s. It is an excellent enlarger.

The setup pictured appears to be very comprehensive, and exceptionally well priced.

Beseler still makes a version of this enlarger, and there are both new and used accessories available for it, including colour heads which can be obtained quite reasonably, which are excellent for variable contrast black and white as well.

Randy's comments about the lens are absolutely correct. I'd suggest that you set it up and use it, but keep your eyes open for a higher quality lens in the meantime - the lensboard and retaining ring included will be a standard 39mm thread. A subscription to APUG, and a WTB classified ad would be a great way to go.

My 67C is currently in storage (because I purchased a used Omega 4x5 in the last year) but I certainly intend to keep the 67C because it is very flexible, has (in my case) a choice between condenser and colour heads, and because I hope to set up a darkroom with room for both enlargers.

I'd buy it!

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you for those quick replies.

The plan is to pick it up this Sunday.

Now I need to make my bathroom dark!

The suggestion of another lens is duly noted. I might have a line on an EL Nikkor 50/2.8.

Thanx again--Bill

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have used a 67 C for many years and have always been satisfied. I do 6x6, 6x7, and 35mm. I have the dichroic color head, though.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's a great price for a great enlarger. I've been using mine for years and I'm very happy with it.

Ash

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin