Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,480   Online: 1082

View Poll Results: Do you use a Sqeegee on your negs?

Voters
176. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

28 15.91%
  • Somtimes

14 7.95%
  • No

130 73.86%
  • A what?

4 2.27%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The poll says "negs."

It didn't originally. I use my fingers to do a light squeegee, never had any problems.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I selected yes, but don't actually use a squeegee. I just use my fingers and run it over the film lightly twice. This works well.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    photoflow seems to be enough to keep water spots off my film. No need for a squeegee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have used my fingers, photo sponges and the Jobo multi-blade squeegee, with is the best. I dip it in the photo flow then give it a sharp shake to get the excess off and then use it gently on the negatives. Never had a scratch problem. Of course, keep it clean. Film dries spontless. Works for me.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Same here...though I take a paper towel and dab off the big drip in the lower corner of sheet film a few times to speed drying.

How many of us see-saw roll film in the photo-flo? Old habits die hard! (Plus I never get photo-flo on my SS reels this way!)

Vaughn
    Vaughn what is the problem with foto flo on reel. I keep film on SS reel with photo flo no sqeege.Use to see-saw but stopped.clumsy fingers.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I find that my film always gets water spots not matter what I do if I attempt to speed drying in any way (including using a squeegee). If I simply dip them in wetting agent and then hang them as is, and nothing else, I get clean negatives every single time.

- Randy
    Last edited by reellis67; 08-28-2009 at 11:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Used my fingers for several years with no problem, then I tried a squegee, scratched the film and went back to my fingers again.

With sheet film I just let the negatives hang.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Either with my fingers (roll film), Squegee for 35mm, or hang to dry for 4x5.

The water in belgium is very hard, so I can't risk not squeegeeing...and the sprokets on 35mm seem to act like magnets!
    Kal Khogali

www.kal-khogali.com

Visit my Photo Scrap Book

www.shutteringeye.wordpress.com

"Wake up, dream, and photograph what you have seen.
    Don't wake up, photograph, and dream of what could have been."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Water where I am at is horrible so I squeegee just the base side not the emulsion side as I find I get drying marks with regular water and distilled water as the final bath regardless of whether photoflo was used otherwise.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    NEVER! Not a squeegee OR fingers. A touch of Photoflo and a good drying cabinet is all that is needed. Anything else is just asking for problems IMO. Water has always been good where I've worked, so that is not a factor.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin