Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,535,024   Online: 1063

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Images
    I looked at the welding tubes at the hardware store yesterday and the only one's they had were over 12 inches long. I am shooting 5x7. What size are the tubes you are getting? I am assuming suitable for 8x10, right?

I settled on 10 foot section of conduit tube and mish mash of PVC parts. The hardware guy I got to help me really got into it and we were coming up with all kinds of concoctions. They would not cut the conduit down so I have the body makings of a lot of tubes.

My problem is the cap. It is not very convienient to get off. It gets stuck. Has anyone come up with a way to make this easy. By the way What does a waste Adapter look like. No one had a clue.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Large Format
    Mark, I put a threaded male pipe adapter on the tube and a female treaded pipe female adapter that inserts into the glue cap to allow a threaded cap on my tubes. Works great

The waste adapter is the female threaded pipe by male glue fitting adapter.

Images
    I think I get it. Thanks Donald
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Images
    Okay. made the tubes as close to the instructions as my local hardware store could get. They look pretty cool, but.....The lid seizes and so does the screw top. I basically have to bang the hell out of it to get it open. Before I put film in these things I need to solve this problem. Any suggestions?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Mark,

I have not experienced that problem. Perhaps you are screwing them on too tight.

Irregardless, what I would do would be to pick up a roll of teflon thread tape at the same hardware store. This tape, if you haven't used it before, is wrapped tightly over the male threaded componants... in the direction of screwing something onto the male threads. This tape will act as a lubricant and a sealer of threaded parts.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin