Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,715   Posts: 1,483,041   Online: 780

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have my cd player and receiver covered with rubylith tape and also covered with a piece of light tight cloth. Can't figure out how to use my Dynaco 70 tube amp in there though. I could use the heat in the winter too.
    Dad, is the lens cap suppose to be on?.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a sheet of 027 Medium Red lighting filter from Lee Filters over a laptop screen - I've not seen an Ipod screen, but if it's any brighter than a laptop, try a couple of pieces.

Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Go in the iPod settings and set the backlight timer to 2 seconds. When messing with it, just point it away from the other people.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Worth mentioning that the iPod Touch will run the Massive Development Chart as an app.

I use it now and it's great..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That red saran wrap idea is genius if it works. Simple and cheap.

I tried to find a darkroom-safe timer app for the iPhone but didn't. I did find an app that let you make sort of a safelight flashlight out of your phone (just makes the screen red or whatever color you want), but that doesn't help.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Why don't you make a pouch for it from black felt and a Velcro strip?
    You can leave it in it when you need to be in dark.

Peter

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    find some rubylith at an art store.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think a little patch of rubylith, perhaps in multiple layers, would probably do the trick. Cheap as dirt, sticks, and is designed for the purpose.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdarklight View Post
    That red saran wrap idea is genius if it works. Simple and cheap.

I tried to find a darkroom-safe timer app for the iPhone but didn't. I did find an app that let you make sort of a safelight flashlight out of your phone (just makes the screen red or whatever color you want), but that doesn't help.
    Incidentally, I did some tests with the iPhone and the flashlight app I mentioned (called Flashlight actually). I tested red and an orange hue I came up with myself.

Results: Both colors are approximately as light safe as the sun at high noon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As suggested, get rubylith at an art supply store, that is exactly what I did with my ipod (and an old tv too, retired now due to DTV conversion) one layer is enough, very easy to read and works well outside the darkroom too. I remember an old process darkroom (just lith film) that had a window covered with rubylith film, that window was the safelight most of the time. Kind of neat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin