Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,407   Online: 711

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post
    Go in the iPod settings and set the backlight timer to 2 seconds. When messing with it, just point it away from the other people.
    You can actually turn off the light totally this way. Or, I just turn off my macs screen backlight and use it to play music.
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Falkland Islands: not any more now I'm in Lincolnshire UK
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've never understood the need to have music playing all the time. What is wrong with silence? Silence gives space for your brain to work!

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdarklight View Post
    Incidentally, I did some tests with the iPhone and the flashlight app I mentioned (called Flashlight actually). I tested red and an orange hue I came up with myself.

Results: Both colors are approximately as light safe as the sun at high noon.
    Too funny.

Here's what I recommend:

If you decide to bring that thing into a public darkroom please don't even think of screwing around with it outside of your pocket.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    What Ann said.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Too funny.

Here's what I recommend:

If you decide to bring that thing into a public darkroom please don't even think of screwing around with it outside of your pocket.
    After I did this, I thought about why it didn't work. I wasn't exagerrating (well, ok, maybe a little), but after 30 seconds of holding the iPhone over the paper at about 4 inches, it developed black.

I think I know why, though. TV and other screens don't actually project the color you see, they project three different colors (red, green and blue) from little dots. At a sufficient distance your mind just interprets it as the color you have set (like red for example), but what's coming out of the screen is not red, it's a combination of red, green and blue lights at different levels. Photo paper doesn't "reinterpret" these colors, it just exposes because of the other lights involved.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin