Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,445   Online: 775

Shooter
    Medium Format

JOBO film seperator widgets

I was given a JOBO CPE last year and -- having never used it -- plan to develop some colour film with it. Problem is, I've lost the little plastic bits that keep one film seperate from the other when loaded onto one reel.

Could I manage without these plastic things? Are they really necessary?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The red clips are only necessary when loading 2x 120 roll film on one reel. For the rest you don't need them.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That's what I would want to develop; two rolls of 120.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have never done it without them. Try it and let us know if you lose a frame or if the films overlap or not.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try to get replacement or order a new reel. You can wait till you have a partial overlap of a frame when doing 2x 120 roll film without the red clip.

Shooter
    35mm
    Can't you just stick 2 120 films together, one after the other?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I do it without all the time, no promblems if you presoak before spinning the drum. What i mean, let film temperature be reached without spinning the drum. Fill developer and start rotation. The moist makes the film stick to the reeel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    what about taping the two films together end to end? there is the leader-card tape that photo labs use to attach the end of a roll of film to the leader card when putting through the roller transport processors?

I personally have never done this, but my friend has, and told me it worked fine. Easier to do in a darkroom than a changing bag though

http://www.climaxphoto.com/film_tape.htm

-Dan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin