Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,709   Posts: 1,548,614   Online: 1100

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Foam for Zone VI type 2 enlarger

I am in the process of recommissioning a Zone VI Type 2 5X7 enlarger and the foam has fallen apart. Anyone have any idea about what specific product might work well for a replacement for this relatively thin and wide foam? I didn't see anything at Lowes or Home Depot that looked very close. Thank you, Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not familiar with the enlarger, nor do I know how this foam might hold up under heat, but in the craft store chains like Michael's, A.C. Moore, or I think even the craft area in WalMart, they sell sheets of foam about 8 x 10 inches and about 1/8 inch or slightly less thick. It comes in a number of colors including black, and is pretty cheap. It's a fairly fine hole pattern, and I think is intended to make cut-out goodies that stick to fuzzy cloth or something of the sort. I've used some on a lens board.

DaveT

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.uscamera.com/lightseals.htm - I have never tried this company, they just popped up on google.

Or http://www.micro-tools.com/store/Sea...tegoryCode=RES who now calls foam 'light baffle' so as to be confusing...
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Perhaps sacrifice spare mouse pads. They seem to proliferate around my office, so a few are brought home for mouse pad live sacrifice, from time to time. Mostly for foam in camera backs that are not worth the money to buy an interslice kit.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    If you need the foam on the underside of the head where it contacts the negative carrier - anything will work as it does not get very hot, it just fills the gap to control light leaks. Why not use the weather strip foam from any of the hardware chains - that is what I did with mine.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    One product sold at many craft stores is Foamies. It's about $1.99 per 8x11 sheet, and it's self-adhesive. It should have a much longer service life than other foams.

And if you make a mistake cutting it, just cut another piece.

Shooter
    Large Format
    McMaster Carr

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    .......http://www.micro-tools.com/store/Sea...tegoryCode=RES who now calls foam 'light baffle' so as to be confusing...
    Micro-Tools sells outstanding products for photo equipment. I've actually used the product shown, and it would be a good choice for the Zone VI.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is offered in 1,2 or 3mm thickness. Any opinions or experience that might suggest what works best or does it make much difference? I was thinking either the 3 or 2mm thickness. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got the Mod 1 zone VI enlarger and the gasket that seals the neg. stage is more like 1/4 to 3/8 thick.Even 3mm is not nearly enough thickness,be better to use the stuff at a hardware store.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin