Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,792   Online: 899

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I was in the Army, we used hangers in tanks with Nitrogen burst agitation, and it worked very well. When I started developing my own at home with hangers and a large tank, I could never get the agitation right. It was ok most of the time (alternating corner to corner every minute), but a smooth even sky could be ruined.
    I changed to open 8x10 trays, following Fred Picker's recommendation, averaging 8 sheets per run, starting with a tray of plain water to get them all wet (they try to stick to each other if you put them straight into developer). I had one scratch the first time I ever did it, then never again, and always very even development.
    I'm currently playing with tubes, but am not happy with it yet.
    You can search the B&W Film Paper and chem forum on tray processing and find more about technique.
    As A-John says, Mozart helps in the dark, but it's Renaissance music for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Assuming tanks and hangers, what developer with replenishment might be a good starting point? Thanks, Bill Barber

Shooter
    35mm
    D23 replenished. Very easy to mix, works really well and seems to last forever. I've been using a litre of it, replenished, for like 6 months now. You might also look at using Xtol.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nsurit View Post
    Assuming tanks and hangers, what developer with replenishment might be a good starting point? Thanks, Bill Barber
    Some people on APUG have had very good luck using Xtol this way, since the "replenisher" is simply more Xtol stock solution. D76 requires a special replenisher.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've never had any uneven development or other problems with my Jobo. If you get a Jobo Tank, 2509 Reel, a suitable roller base (either a full Jobo unit or not) and Pyrocat-HD then you are set, everything will just work 100% of the time (unless you screw something like chemical mixing up). Can't really say that for other methods of sheet processing I think.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin