Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,069   Online: 1102

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

4X5 tanks and film developing

It has been a few decades since I develped my own 4X5, however that is going to happen again before too long. Does anyone still use tanks and film hangers? If not, why not? Bill Barber

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nsurit View Post
    It has been a few decades since I develped my own 4X5, however that is going to happen again before too long. Does anyone still use tanks and film hangers? If not, why not? Bill Barber
    I use a gallon tank of replenished D23 and hangers for my 4x5 and 5x7 . I feel this combo gives me the most even development.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a Nikor 4x5 daylight tank, love it- quick and simple.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a small 4x5 tank (about 1 L) and stainless hangers. It's easier than trays, and I don't need to make room for the Jobo.
    Last edited by bdial; 09-14-2009 at 06:56 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My dad gave me his old 4x5 daylight development tank. This one holds, I don't know for sure, but somewhere between 12 and 20 sheets. Absolutely the way to go. I'll never tray develop again.

I just need a 4x5 camera again.
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I tried a Yankee Tank but did not like it to much due to large volume of chemicals required and too easy to slop the chemicals around.
    I switched to using a Unicolor drum it does 4 films at a time and uses much less chemistry. The drums and motor bases can be found quite cheaply.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear nsurit,

Find a Jobo on ebay, buy it and the appropriate tanks (The 25XX models work just fine but the "expert" tanks have great reviews.) and you'll never go back to hangers or trays.

Of course if you really like using hangers and tanks, they still work great.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I guess it is because fewer people use tanks than roto drums: but count the number of posts with problems with roto drums compared to other systems.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have been using a HP Combi tank for nearly 20 years with only a couple of bone-headed problems. I like the way my negs turn out.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    35mm
    I have two hard-rubber Kodak 4x5 tanks. I don't know what they are for; I suppose there is some kind of thing you load the film onto so that you can dip it in the tank? There doesn't look to be any provision for daylight developing.

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to develop 4x5 sheets. Right now I do it one at time in trays, but it takes forever when you have a lot of film. Hours.
    f/22 and be there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin