Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,203   Posts: 1,531,639   Online: 1133

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Durst L 1000 glass for negative carrier

I have on piece of glass for the Otoneg 2 negative carrier. It's an Otoglas AN anti-newton glass, and fits in the top of the negative carrier. As near as I can figure out, the bottom glass is a special glass from Durst, which I'm unable to find. Can I use regular glass if I can find something the right thickness (which may be an unlikely find), or is there such a thing as optical glass sheets? It's 6 inches wide (15 cm) by 4 and 15/16ths (12.5 cm) wide and is beveled on all 4 sides. The sheet I have is close to 2 mm thick.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Large Format
    I checked my original Durst L1840 glass (Reglas) and it is 2.80mm thick. I used to have an older 8x10 Durst neg carrier and it used slightly smaller Graglas. I still have a piece of Graglas and it also measures 2.80mm.

I also checked the original glass in the Durst L1200, and it measures 3.00mm.

A few years ago I broke the glass in the L1200, and briefly substituted common picture framing glass. I’m not sure of the thickness, but it worked just fine. But eventually I had Focal Point in Florida (Mike Sparks at 386-860-3918) make me a replacement.

So my opinion is that any optically clear glass would work, so long as it is close to the right thickness. Measure your top piece, and try and get a bottom piece of the same thickness.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the help. I'll borrow a micrometer to check the thickness of the top piece, then call Mike Sparks.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin