Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,426   Online: 806

Shooter
    35mm

Durst CLS35 Color Head

Hi, this is my first post, even if I read this beautiful forum from some time on...
    My name is Lorenzo and I live in Italy. I own a Durst M301 enlarger, and I've recently acquired the Durst CLS35 color head for it, but unfortunately I don't have the owner's manual. Do you know where I can find it? I've searched on the Internet but without results. Any help will be appreciated very much!!!
    Thanks and greetings from Italy!
    Lorenzo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Lorenzo, welcome to APUG.

I don't remember there being very much in the manual with my CLS66, similar but for the larger M601. Did you get the mixing box that replaces the condensers,and the transformer ?

As long as you have everything and it works all the rest is vailable online. Really all that matters are the filtration setings for B&W multigrade type papers which are on the Ilford website, and the conversions between Kodak/Fuji settings for Colour.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Ian,
    yes, I think the CLS66 was the "large brother" of my CLS35, they are nearly identical! I don't have the original transformer, so I use one of those electronic transformers used for domestic halogen lamps...
    There's one thing I don't understand: the maximum setting for the colour intensity in my CLS35 is 100, but on the Internet I read that Durst used the 130 or 170 scales... Can I convert the settings proportionally?
    Does the CLS66 have the same "max. 100" scale?
    Thank you very much!
    Lorenzo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Durst's are both in the UK so I can't check, and I've used an M670 for the last 9 years anyway, but I think Durst increased the density of the dichroic filters, so they went to higher maximum settings. But the readings are still the same, so if you need more than 100 M then I'd suggest using a Multigrade below the lens filter.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh, well! So it's simpler than I thought...
    Thank you very much, Ian! Your help has been very useful!
    Greetings!
    Lorenzo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have the CLS35 as well. I don't know if it still is around online, but I did download a french version of the M301 manual, which has a small section on the colour head....Shame I cannot read french!

If you cannot find it and you would like a copy, let me know and I can put it online.

Cheers

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi hoffy,
    Thank you, but I alredy have the M301 manual (in italian!), and I wondered if existed the CLS35 manual... but no problem, I've found the answers I was looking for...
    What do you think about the CLS35? I'm starting to print colour, as I've only printed B&W...
    Thanks!
    Lorenzo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've printed colour with both the CLS66 on my M601 nad my M670 both are just as good as each other, you won't miss the 100+ settings with colour.

The main disadvantage is there's no white light lever on the CLS35 or 66, this allows you to instantly switch out all filtration for focussing etc.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin