Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,235   Online: 845

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    A little off topic but I'm curious about your filter, was the fade just on the part in the light path, or the whole filter?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the responses guys. ic-racer - I did have in mind to pm you when I embark on the project. I'm in the middle of running my calibration tests having just got back into the darkroom. I've used the EIs and development times that I had been using and it's looking like all the films are over-developed. (The tests are TMX and Tri-X in three formats and two developers. My suspicion is that the fading green filter in the D5500 mixing chamber probe gradually caused my "white light" (which I used as grade 2 and for calibration tests) to become increasingly yellow and, over time resulted in my increasing film development times. While I'd thought I was generating negs that printed a full range on Grade 2, I was actually producing normal negs that fit a much lower paper grade.

I really appreciate the input and advice and I'll be in touch.

thanks again

Bob H
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin