Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,202   Online: 998

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    Tell others, it's a common misconception!
    Of course I will. I try to share any bits of wisdom I find here with film shooters, even if the wisdom comes from my own stupidity.

Hopefully I'm running out of things to do wrong. One of these days I'll stop doing stuff that's bad for my chems, paper, and film and actually print some good pictures
    "The mind that will not admit it has something more to learn tomorrow is in danger of stagnating"

Shooter
    35mm
    Just to address this one point:

Quote Originally Posted by WGibsonPhotography View Post
    *I'm guessing that it's a 75 watt bulb because I read on a different photography website that a 75 watt bulb was the "standard" wattage for the Beseler 23CII. when I googled the model number of the bulb that I read about, the bulb in the picture looked just liked the one I have*
    It looks like the standard bulb for a 23CII is a PH140, which is indeed 120v and 75watt.

Funny looking bulb. Somehow reminds me of a plum tomato.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by DLawson View Post
    Just to address this one point:

It looks like the standard bulb for a 23CII is a PH140, which is indeed 120v and 75watt.
    Yeah, that's the bulb. I couldnt remember the specific model number (I'm not sure if "model number," but you know what I mean (I hope )

Quote Originally Posted by DLawson View Post
    Funny looking bulb. Somehow reminds me of a plum tomato.
    Yeah, that's what I thought when I forst saw it. I saw a 150 watt bulb at
    Lowe's one time that looked similar that was a little more cylindrical than that one and had a golf-ball-size bulge in the middle of it. Kinda hard to describe, and I dont know the specific number of the bulb, but it fit in a regular light socket
    "The mind that will not admit it has something more to learn tomorrow is in danger of stagnating"

Shooter
    35mm
    Of course I will. I try to share any bits of wisdom I find here with film shooters, even if the wisdom comes from my own stupidity.

Hopefully I'm running out of things to do wrong. One of these days I'll stop doing stuff that's bad for my chems, paper, and film and actually print some good pictures

All wisdom comes from an initial bout of stupidity I think.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by shotgun1a View Post
    All wisdom comes from an initial bout of stupidity I think.
    Possibly

One of my photography instructors once told the class "the best way to learn something is to f**k something up"

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Possibly

One of my photography instructors once told the class "the best way to learn something is to f**k something up"
    Very true!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hmm, if wisdom is related to stupidity, I should be a photo swami by now.

I'm not.

Shooter
    35mm
    Just as a matter of interest is it possible to get a decent print with an exposure as long as 7 minutes. In asking this question I am ruling out very large prints, say several feet across or may be even not then!

With my Durst 605 and a 75W bulb I get exposures of way less than 20 secs even at f11, using dual filtration and at 8x10. Even with the inverse square law, what would need to be the size of print to get anywhere near 7 mins? Dodging would be very relaxed if a little tiring waving hands for several minutes but burning might take all night - literally :

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Just as a matter of interest is it possible to get a decent print with an exposure as long as 7 minutes. In asking this question I am ruling out very large prints, say several feet across or may be even not then!

pentaxuser
    I was pretty much getting used to the way my "darkroom" was setup during that session. It was the first time I actually tried to print anything with my setup. I just picked a random negative of a duck to print.

I spent a few sheets of paper before I found an exposure that looked good. The print looked very good, but I was bored out of my mind waiting seven minutes for the exposure

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post

With my Durst 605 and a 75W bulb I get exposures of way less than 20 secs even at f11, using dual filtration and at 8x10. Even with the inverse square law, what would need to be the size of print to get anywhere near 7 mins? Dodging would be very relaxed if a little tiring waving hands for several minutes but burning might take all night - literally :

pentaxuser
    We made ten foot high prints for a local rock music emporium back in the 1960s. We used a Beseler 45H rocked back for wall projection. Mural paper was stapled to a wall. We would walk (tip toe) through the exposure light from one room to another. Exposure times were fifteen, twenty minutes.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin