Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,732   Online: 880

Shooter
    35mm

Developing 116 film

My father has a roll of old Verichrome Pan 116 film. We're trying to find a way to develop it without spending a huge amount of money to have a place like Rocky Mountain do it for us. I know that I can develop it in D-76, but the obvious problem is finding a 116-compatible reel. The reels that I have are adjustable for 135, 126, 127, and 120/220 film. Can I use one of them, or would something for 70mm work instead?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    70 mm reels would probably work, as long as they fit into the tank.

Or, you could do what I did with every 116 film I ever developed. In absolute darkness, hold each end of the film in your hands and see-saw through chemistry in trays.

HC110 dil B gives nice short developing times.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do as Matt suggests see-saw the film in a tray of developer ir's very easy. It's how I processed my first rolls of 120 while at school.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    ..we can process 116 and only charge a little extra to do it.

regards

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Or, you can find one of the old black Ansco tanks with an adjustable reel that will take 116. I have 2, and the last one I picked up in mint condition for $5.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin