Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,666   Posts: 1,481,697   Online: 704

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    All great ideas! I don't need to position the cart over the toilet - I'm going to make a board that lays over the sink and extends over the toilet so I can position my trays. Enlarger will be on the other side and print washing in the tub.

Nicholas - the taboret thing looks perfect. I like the metal one with big wheels, but its a bit pricey, so...
    Matt - the Target $50 microwave cart looks just right. Sure it'd be great if it had bigger wheels, but the price is right.

Hopefully I can find someone with a truck soon so I can fashion together this countertop.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tim:

The wheels (on mine) are castors on threaded posts, so you could probably put larger wheels/castors on later.

On mine, one of the shelves pulls out. I switched it around so that shelf was on the bottom, and I found a plastic tote that fit it perfectly.

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    I just picked up a brand new, never assembled Beseler 23CII-XL. For the time being (next several years), it's going to live on some kind of cart with wheels so I can roll it into my bathroom.
    This may not be an issue with a 23C, but always a good idea -- measure where you want to go and the cart you are considering.

I have similar thoughts about my 45M, especially since it is a beast to pick up and carry around. For a while, the "darkroom" will be the master bathroom. It wasn't until yesterday that I got around to measuring things.

The enlarger is 25.5 inches wide. The bathroom door is nominally 28 inches, but it is in a corner, so the door doesn't swing all the way clear. Fallout is that I *might* be able to get it in and out without taking the door off.

I was also considering storing the enlarger in the nearby closet, but that door is 24 inches.

I think this all gets lumped onto the pile of reasons to get the darkroom built sooner rather than later (and to put in a wide door).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is any part of that 25.5 inches simply baseboard? If so, sacrificing a couple of inches of baseboard width may be a worthwhile compromise.

Otherwise, I agree whole-heartily with your suggestion to measure first. And don't forget the height of stand plus baseboard plus column(s) vs. door-frame and sill (if any).

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Is any part of that 25.5 inches simply baseboard? If so, sacrificing a couple of inches of baseboard width may be a worthwhile compromise.
    Nope. In fact, it doesn't have a baseboard at the moment. I was considering mounting it on a rolling cart/table instead. Not sure that helps me much (though it might be helpful if I ever do horizontal projection). I think I'm stuck with the Bogen as long as I'm using the bathroom. Not a tragedy, as I'm only shooting 35mm and it is (or was, last time I tried) reliable enough for my current skill.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    For the record, I ended up with a microwave cart from Target. It's black metal with a wooden top for $40. It's a hair smaller than the enlarger base, but it's the same width and will work fine. It's about 30" tall, about the right height for comfortable working. My 23CII-XL and the cart clear the top of the door frame by maybe an inch - it was close!

I should be printing at home again soon. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Too late for Tim, but I bought 2 steel router tables at Rockler Woodworking which have casters and are rock solid. I have a DeVere 504 on one and an Amerigraph exposure unit on the other. The link.. http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...router%20table ....Evan Clarke

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    That looks great! A bit heavy duty for my current apt, but when I move in the next year or two, I'll remember that for a more permanent, but still mobile setup.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin