Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,830   Online: 1104

Shooter
    35mm

Red Tab on Jobo Reels

In a recent large acquisition, I got a bunch of film reels. I think they are Jobo reels for the 1500 tanks. They are white (or were, once upon a time) plastic, much like the Paterson reels only much thinner and with no ball bearings.

On the outside of one side of the reel is a red tab. When pushed in place, it sticks into the film path.

What is this for? Is it supposed to allow two rolls of film on one reel? And when would that be useful?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is used for 2 rolls of film / 1 reel to keep them from overlapping.

It can also be used to force 1 roll on a reel to the outer part of the reel which is prefereable. If the roll moves inward during processing, it may not get enough processing solution coverage depending on how you process and how much chemistry you use.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DLawson View Post
    Is it supposed to allow two rolls of film on one reel? And when would that be useful?
    Lets you do two rolls of 120 per reel. Nice since 220 is no longer made in many B&W emulsions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Only thing to add it's mostly used for 120. If you do mostly 35mm then it's less of a help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I need to type faster.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have 3 reels that are missing the red finger. Does anyone have any spare red fingers?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yep, two rolls of 120 on 1 reels and I despretely need two of them if you have any spares!!!
    Anyone?
    Thank you.

Shooter
    35mm
    I asked first, ok?
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the East Texas Rain forest. Apprentice Analog Activist.
    ... And to paraphrase Yoda, there is no how, only do.
    Vaughn
    My Photos Online

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    I asked first, ok?
    Yes you did indeed and I didn't even notice as I went right for the reply box as I was pretty anxious.

And I do think that all subscribers should be in line... oh, wait a moment...

Shooter
    35mm
    At this point, I can't imagine wanting/needing to develop 6 rolls of film at once. But I think I'll hold on to them and see what the future brings. Who knows, some day I may get to take a vacation.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin