Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,489   Online: 934

Shooter
    Large Format

Buying a Jobo 3005 in NYC

Ok, I give up. I have been sniffing after a 3005 Expert Drum but the one I was following in fleabay is now bid up to MORE than they cost NEW. As far as I can tell, this item is impossible to find in Canada, so I am thinking of buying a brand new one when I am NYC next week (October 4-9). Wouldn't ya know it, my usual stop, B&H is closed. Lousy timing.

So, where can I get a Jobo 3005 drum in NYC? Second-hand would be nice, but I won't hold my breath.

I just noticed that Jobo makes a 3025 drum which holds two sheets of 8x10. Does anyone know anything about it?
    Last edited by Don Wallace; 09-29-2009 at 03:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "The beauty and profundity of God is more real than any mere calculation"

JCT

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ouch-- not getting to make a B&H run is a bummer. Disneyland for photographers.

The only two places that won't be closed for the holidays that carry serious darkroom stuff that I can think of would be Calumet ( www.calumetphoto.com) and K&M ( http://www.kmcamera.com/ ) . The latter is kind of an odd place (lousy web site), it might be worth a call or visit to see if they have any.

Or you could always post a "WTB" in the NYC Craigslist -- probably worth a shot.

Enjoy your visit-- it's a beautiful time of year here.

JT

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Im not sure if they are open, they usually have the same schedule as B&H, but look into www.adorama.com. They have as much as B&H, on 18th street..

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks guys. No luck. I just called both and neither have it. I am really looking forward to the trip, however, even if Disneyland is closed!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I just saw a Jobo 3005 sell on ebay for $525. A brand new one is 499.95 from B&H (I just bought one). What is up with that?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's bidders who can't be bothered with looking at B&H's site I guess. It happens a lot with Jobo stuff on ebay.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin