Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,924   Posts: 1,522,115   Online: 769

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Omega D3

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, you can't focus it at all without the cam and the proper lens cone. Sorry. When I was outfitting my D4 (also an autofocus enlarger) I heard from Harry Taylor, Mr. Omega himself, that each cam was custom made to match to a specific serial numbered lens. The set guaranteed absolutely perfect focus as the head was moved up and down the column. It's hard to find a matched set now, but no matter. The focus will be off as you move the head with a non-matched pair, but only a little as long as the cam matches the published focal length of the lens. The fine focus knob has more than sufficient travel to correct for the slight discrepancy.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fschifano View Post
    No, you can't focus it at all without the cam and the proper lens cone. Sorry. When I was outfitting my D4 (also an autofocus enlarger) I heard from Harry Taylor, Mr. Omega himself, that each cam was custom made to match to a specific serial numbered lens. The set guaranteed absolutely perfect focus as the head was moved up and down the column. It's hard to find a matched set now, but no matter. The focus will be off as you move the head with a non-matched pair, but only a little as long as the cam matches the published focal length of the lens. The fine focus knob has more than sufficient travel to correct for the slight discrepancy.
    Thanks. I will buy a cam from Mr Omega.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin