Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,609   Online: 1126

Shooter
    35mm

problem with hermes dryer ..rain drops..

hello friend i have recently bought an hermes dryer with chrome plate for baryt paper...i have washed the print with agepon and put it on the glassplate.....

after the print is dried i have seen a lot and micro rain drops on the print...very strange..i have dried 4 print and all of that have this problem....

i have also use to make a glossy finish a GLASS PLATE and seems to be that the glossy finish on this glass plate is outstanding and far superior to metal plate .....this is only my impression????????????? the problem with the glass plate is that i should wait about 4 days until the print is detach.....

thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glazing solutions used to be sold to help prevent these problems. It could also be the water you use for washing, and the fact the chrome plate/dryer is heat dried and the glass plate method natural.

It's rather a long time since I last glazed a print, 1971 i think

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    i think that i should use distilled water for the final wash.........do you think that the glass plate make a better glossy and "thick" finish?

p.s. on the glass plate i have the same problem of rain drops

thanks IAN!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Possibly distilled water might help if the tap water is hard. The glazing plates should work fine though. There are a couple of people on APUG who still glaze prints. You could try a search of threads - use the Google option.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear danzyc,

The plates must be really really clean. Use a soft rag to buff them until they shine. Any imperfections you see on the surface will be transferred to the print. Make sure you roll or squeegee all the water from between the print and the glazing surface. Any spots not in initial contact with the glazing surface will still be shiny but will have a ring around that area.

It just takes some practice and experimentation.

Good luck,

Neal Wydra

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin