Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,406   Online: 1170

Shooter
    35mm RF

glassless neg carrier ok?

i`m looking at a replacement enlarger and the sellor informs me that the glass is missing from neg carrier, i`m certain that i have read another thread here on this subject so i am just after confirmation that i can use without glass on 6x6 and rig up a system to keep the negs tight and level. Meopta with adjustable 35/6x6 carrier, thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have used a 35mm, 6x6 and 6x7 neg carrier without glass on many occasions - the mask itself has held the neg flat and I have had no problems with focus using glassless carriers.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    thanks oz, thats all the confirmation i need, regards

Depends on design of the carrier. Most that are made for glass can not be properly used if it is missing. Glass is just not fitted to a glassless carrier unless it is homemade like I have done for 35mm on 4x5 Omegas.

A glassless carrier is just two pieces of metal with a hole for the neg. It holds the neg flat, but not perfectly flat. The neg can move with heat build up spoiling focus perhaps in the middle of making a print.

The type of enlarger & neg carrier would help you get a CORRECT answer.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I agree with Ron - check it to be sure that it can be used without the glass first...

- Randy

Shooter
    35mm RF
    [I]The type of enlarger & neg carrier would help you get a CORRECT answer

Meopta 6 with adjustable 35/6x6 carrier, the guy that owns it ONLY thinks that glass is missing. Even if glass required not a big deal as i can always find someone to make one up [ yep i know it needs to be anti newton glass] also Australia has meopta distributer and i believe parts for meopta are a whole lot easier to get than for durst/lpl.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin