Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,672   Posts: 1,481,828   Online: 1172

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwysiwyg View Post
    Thanks, that helps.. sort of.
    If you post a photo of the side of the drum, showing markings, we may be able to identify it.

I have Cibachrome drums, Beseler drums, Unicolour drums (and maybe there are others in there too) and they are all slightly different.

If they weren't so large and difficult to ship, I'd offer a few of them up here.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sadly, after close inspection, not a single mark anywhere on the drum, inside, outside.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think what you have is another set-up for color processing, as Mike Wilde describes. Mine says Cibachrome Mark II Color Processing Drum and is marketed by Ilford. You pour the chemistry in the funnel end and roll it around. When you tip it up to change to the next step of the process, the old stuff runs out as you pour the next stuff in. I haven't tried mine yet, but it seems to be an interesting, if sloppy, way to process large sheets. Mine is large enough for 11x14. My Unicolor drums won't do anything larger than 8x10.

One of the advantages of the Unicolor drum, and its Beseler brothers, is that during the time when you are adding chemistry the film, or paper, is not immersed in the fluid but comes in contact with it only when the motor is restarted. This system seems to simply flood the paper when you tip it down to place it on the motor. I don't know if it makes a difference in the long run, but I like being able to take my time with the chemistry changes and not spill the stuff all over the place.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwysiwyg View Post
    Sadly, after close inspection, not a single mark anywhere on the drum, inside, outside.
    The picture looks somewhat like a tube that I got recently. It also has no markings and seems to hold about a 5x7. The end cap, funnel, etc. design of that one is very similar to the Cibachrome drums that were in the same load of goodies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin