Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,707   Posts: 1,482,866   Online: 978

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Zone VI type 1 enlarger focusing motor quit!

OMG! My motorized focus control isn't working...I can hear the motor humm but the bellows doesn't move. Everything is plugged in, I unplugged and replugged (is that a word) from the motor on the enlarger, looks fine.. moved the wires - seem ok.... What happened? Please help. Thank you all.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I didn't know the Zone VI had a focus motor attachment! But I do have a Zone VI, and understand how the manual focus works. So..... could you post a close-up photo of that focus motor and how it attaches?

But for now, let me guess....... That focus motor is probably a separate add-on, and connects to the focus controls with some type of gear or connector.

When energized, if the motor sounds like it is working (you said it hums), then the problem may be that the connector or gear has either broken or stripped. And that should be a simple and cheap fix.

So please post a picture or two, and maybe others can give some opinions.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Loaned my camera. In the meantime, I'll check gears and connectors. And yes, it is a separate addition.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Focus the lens stage down as far as it will go. The spline on the back needs to be clean with alcohol. Also remove the plate on top where the shaft goes through and clean the driver. There are adjustment point there too that may have to adjusted. Also check to see all the set screws are tight.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin