Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,215   Online: 860

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Need advice on saving equipment from the landfill

Hello everyone. I'm new here and I wanted some advice from anyone willing to give it. I have a bunch of pro darkroom gear/equipment that I've been unable to sell to anyone. My last resort is to call a scrap metal company to see if they want the stainless. However, it kills me to see all of this stuff just torn apart and destroyed. I just heard about APUG and I went ahead and put a listing in the classifieds here; but, I doubt anyone will purchase such a volume of stuff - especially from out of state.

Any suggestions? I have a Kreonite 20" RA4, a Noritsu HM-60 E6 monster, a nice slide mounter, and loads and loads of other stuff - from a night-vision photo lab monoculer to specific gravity hand-blown glass. I sold all of my enlargers, I had 7-4x5's at one point...but, the rest of this stuff is killing me. Everything works, everything is in good condition - I just can't store it anymore.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Put it on APUG classifieds or on ebay. I would love some of it
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've had it on eBay for 2 years, now with no reserve and a $1.00 starting bid. Just put it up here in the classifieds a couple days ago. Guess I just have to wait some more.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Most likly because of shipping.
    Why not post to www.freecycle.com for a student in your area?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdmguy View Post
    Most likly because of shipping.
    Why not post to www.freecycle.com for a student in your area?
    I'd have thought a Kreonite 20" RA-4 machine and the Noritsu E6 processor would require a relatively serious installation.

Tom

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Well, they would require fairly serious install. 220v, hot and cold plumbing, drain, replenish, nitrogen. A student wouldn't have the resources, space, or money to set-up this stuff.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just thought of someone in Utah and uses this and am pretty sure he could use this (at least his staff could)
    I've just forward this site to him. He is an awesome pro and 100 film wedding and fine art photographer.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd love to know more about this gear; I'd even consider buying it if a) you could get it to me cost-effectively in Kentucky; b) I could find the space to set it up; c) I could operate it cost-effectively at a processing rate of 3-5 rolls/week of C-41 120 film; and d) if there's a reasonable prospect of keeping it supported and running for a few more years, or until I can no longer source C-41 chemistry cost-effectively.

I don't know the answers to these questions, and don't know where to ask them, either. Maybe someone here knows. Like you, I hate to see the stuff go to the tinker.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mike, you would be WAY better off for cost basis with a Jobo. IMO.....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Yeah, I know nothing about converting the E6 to C-41; but, I'm agreeing with dwdmguy about the Jobo. This equipment isn't for the faint of heart...and it is designed for processing a LOT more than 3-5 rolls a week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin