Hi all,

A while ago, I came across a cheap 120 SS reel and tank at a flea market. I got it for cheap and I just wanted to see how it look like to use SS reel. That was enough ! I feel so much more in control when I load SS reels. I was still using those plastic reel, that I hate now more than ever, for 135 and processing joined 120 in a single reel. But now, this time is over ! An order from Hewes arrived at the end of last week. Those 135 reel are a joy to use.

In the order, I got a 220 reel to process 120 joined together. While this reel work like a charm with a single film, it is quite tricky to process the join between the two films so that it doesn't jump a track. After, a full evening trying to figure out how to do it, I finally got it. When joining the two film together, I use the tape at the end of the roll, you must overlap the two films a little, something like 3-5mm. The second film on top. In that way, the transition is smooth and there is no overlap.

I hope this will save an evening of exercise to someone who want to process two 120 on a single 220 stainless steel reel.

Cheers,

Jeff