Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,521   Online: 1036

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Durst M605 / Siriotub / 50mm lens problems!

Hi again! I know I know, there's been posts on this, both from me & others. But I really wanted to ask for anyone's advice once again.

My initial post was about not being able to focus a Schneider 50mm lens, yet I could focus my other 50's. This even though I am using the Siriotub, which is correct for 50mm. Problem solved, I got rid of the Schneider! No love lost. Thanks for advice on that anyway

Now another problem, albeit not a huge one. I have just picked up a Rodenstock Rodagon 50mm 2.8, the heavy older style with the silver knobs around the aperture adjustment ring.

It sits so far into the Siriotub that I cannot see the red/green glowing aperture numbers.

However, I CAN focus it.... unlike the Schneider problem. That leaves me with the Nikon/Rodenstock/Fujinar, that's quite enough!

But this not being able to see the illuminated aperture setting on the Rodagon because it is obscured by the Siriotub, has anyone else noticed this & have you been able to do anything about it???

ALSO, should there be so much light fall-off in the corners generally??? That no matter which lens I use.

I never for a moment envisaged having hassles like this with a modern enlarger!

I mean, sure I can count, I'll be able to use the lens (haven't as yet), but I would still like to be able to see it like I can easily with the Nikon (the Fujinar's aperture is not illuminated).

Many thanks as always, Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The light fall off is a problem.Are you sure you're using the correct lens mount?
    My 50mm is screwed into a recessed mount,the 75mm sits in a flatter mount.

Although some have criticized him, Jens Jensen of Durst USA is capable of answering almost any question regarding Durst equipment of all kinds. I would suggest sending him an email with your queries. He is often travelling to various areas of the globe installing what appears to be an increasing number of analog installations that are focusing ( yes, the pun! ) on Durst equipment. Thus, you might have to wait a bit for a response.

Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Years ago I had a Durst M-601 I never experienced any of these problems. This was a simple machine that came with a fixed lensboard, all you had to do was switch lenses to go between 35mm and 6x6 formats. The negative carrier had adjustable blades to use any size negative from 110 to 6x6. It looks to me like the newer "upgraded" machines are brand specific on accessories. I feel for your frustration, and I hope you can solve your problems soon.

Rick

Shooter
    35mm
    Can't speak for a Rodenstock 50mm but the El Nikkor 50mm sits a long way into the recessed panel such that you have to really go way down to see the illuminated aperture which isn't very bright and it puts a kink in my neck!

The 80mm Rodenstock in the flat panel is much easier to see and looks brighter. It may be just a drawback of needing a recessed panel for the 50mm lens.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For the fall off you need to screw the lamp (from the bottom of the enlarger head) upwards to increase the image circle. The manual states you have to do that. Also...have you got the right condensers in for the 50mm lens (they are different to those required for the 80mm)....if not, then you will suffer fall off. The 50mm requires a recessed standrad, and I can't see my apertures either...but I know how many clicks I need ;-)K
    Kal Khogali

www.kal-khogali.com

Visit my Photo Scrap Book

www.shutteringeye.wordpress.com

"Wake up, dream, and photograph what you have seen.
    Don't wake up, photograph, and dream of what could have been."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just count clicks. Aside from focusing, there isn't much reason to use the lens at anything except its best aperture, so there's nothing worth seeing on the f/stop ring anyway.

Shooter
    35mm
    Kal, this is a color head with halogen lamp, so there's no screwing the bulb in or out like you can with the B&W head. Nor are there condensers, it is a diffuser enlarger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gamincurieux View Post
    Kal, this is a color head with halogen lamp, so there's no screwing the bulb in or out like you can with the B&W head. Nor are there condensers, it is a diffuser enlarger.
    I count clicks as suggested.

What do you mean by light falloff? If you have the 6x6 or larger mixing box in place with no negative carrier, then you should get a circular image with no negative carrier in place. But when you put the 35mm negative carrier in place, it should recieve light from the center of that circle with no falloff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gamincurieux View Post
    Sorry hadn't realised it was the col,our head...I have one of those too, but don't use it. Cant't help you then
    Kal Khogali

www.kal-khogali.com

Visit my Photo Scrap Book

www.shutteringeye.wordpress.com

"Wake up, dream, and photograph what you have seen.
    Don't wake up, photograph, and dream of what could have been."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin