Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,292   Posts: 1,535,456   Online: 1003

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any photo's of the things you've created?
    A picture is worth weeks of head scratching trying to figure out how to make something.
    (I suppose I should take my own advise...later)

Reinhold

www.classicBWphoto.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a fairly complete machining (lathe, mill, saw, grinders etc.) and welding (tig, mig and gas) facility so I can pretty much make whatever I want.
    I don't have any woodworking equipment but I can do some wooden stuff with what I have.

Larry

Shooter
    35mm
    When I saw your thread titled: "Table Saw in the Darkroom", I pictured some form of new sport similar to "Extreme Ironing" (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_ironing ), with photographers using table saws in their darkroom with the lights out. Shucks, that sounded exciting.

However, to answer your question, what I have always wanted to build is a phone-booth sized darkroom out in my garage, big enough only for use in loading and unloading film. Like a lot of people, I have to double-duty one of my bathrooms when I want to do any printing and the setup and teardown time is too extensive when all I want to do is load film into a jobo reel. During one occasion when I was taking photo classes we had a tiny darkroom for just that purpose. It was about the size of a phone booth and had a regular closet door with light seals to keep out the light. It didn't need ventilation, since you only needed to be sealed up for a few minutes and it worked great. Since then, I've always wanted to build one out in my garage. I currently use a changing tent, but that isn't nearly as handy as just being able to step in and close the door.

Denis K

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Reinhold, I'm impressed. I have a radial arm saw right outside the darkroom (opposite side from the door) that I've used to make a plexi tank or 2, and a rack and such, and to build the darkroom itself, but your list and range of stuff is in another class.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    While I have a table saw, I have only used it for cutting 4" lensboards. I have a metal lathe (4' bed, 11" swing) with a milling attachment that I use a lot more for making camera parts. The last thing I made on it was a small brass pin to replace a broken hinge pin on an Agfa Isolette.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Walls for the darkroom
    counters and cabinets
    8x10 enlarger from wood
    processing tubes
    print drying cabinet/racks
    UV bank
    plumbing and electric for everything
    reducing backs
    easels
    Lens boards
    a covered back deck to have a glass of scotch on after working all day

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin