Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,997   Posts: 1,524,301   Online: 809

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format

Now I Find Out

Saunders is out of the easel business.
    Used is the best I can do. Is Saunders
    busy at any thing?

Warped paper has me looking still at
    the Beseler; steel blades. Several outlets
    are selling it. Hard to believe Beseler would
    lend it's name to any thing less than very
    good. Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an 11x14 Beseler, one of the older all black ones, and a Saunders 16x20, and I've used the Saunders 11x14 model.
    The Beseler is quite good, and much heavier than the Saunders models.
    The downside is that they are a little fussier to use, some paper sizes are held at the top of the paper, some at the bottom. On mine, the scales aren't accurately placed, and my Saunders is better in that respect.
    I never have worked out the best way to get the frame, blades, and base all square to each other. The Saunders seems less prone for the frame to be out of square, but I've not had it very long so my evaluation might change. OTH the frame of the Beseler is much stiffer.

If you're are concerned about a getting a used, possibly tweeked Saunders, the Beseler is a good choice.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Reed View Post
    Well, if nobody else is going to do it, can I put in a vote for the DUNCO range of 4-bladers made in Berlin?
    Dunco has recently been acquired by a neighbouring mechanical company. Which took over the product range as well as part of the Dunco employees!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin