Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,830   Posts: 1,582,266   Online: 995

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yeah, I got the 'standard reply' about the company from her.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Go to the Forum for Product Availability - Look for the thread "Aristo - new info" by me, not too far into the second page - Posted is her official statement, she knows we are all waiting for news when she has it. The new company is determining which Aristo products they will go forward with.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, George.

Nothing I have personally heard from Aristo since your posting of that official statement is at a variance with the contents of that statement. Ms. Kessler has been very generous in keeping me updated with the ongoing status of things. She has advised patience due to the large scope of the relocation and reinstallation, and I have taken her advice.

While I realize that the eventual product line decisions may go against my wishes, I also note - again - that the Aristo product web site is still up and running.

I believe that if a final decision to shut down the Aristo line for good had already been made, they would not be hiding that decision from anyone. There would be no point.

Ken

Shooter
    Large Format
    Talked to Ms. Kessler about 10 days ago. They haven't even been able to go through the old Aristo inventory yet to see what they had. She couldn't promise when they would but suggested that I send her an e-mail saying what I needed. She said she already had a good list. (I need a replacement bulb.)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yay! Just the chance of getting some new old stock of V54 bulbs for a D2 head is great, we should suggest to her that announcing on APUG remaining stock would reach the broadest amount of potential purchasers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The last time I contacted Aristo I was told in the first part of this year some decisions were to be made. It would be great if someone picked up the action on that company or at least release any inventory if there is any. They provide many products and I wonder how industry is handling the loss of specialty bulbs.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yeah, I did a basic search of the other companies affiliated and its really broad, tanning beds and all. I just want one or two bulbs, mine has lasted a long time and I'm sure 2 spares would be enough to last until the middle of the century.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I just got an update here in March from Louise Kessler at Aristo/Voltarc/LCD Lighting about the status of cold light lamps and lamp assemblies. I got her permission to post this here on APUG.

"This company purchased the rights to their product [Aristo] but has not acted upon it as of yet.

The cold light fixtures (complete assemblies) will not be produced.

I've just found the production templates on some of the lamps used in the Cold light heads last week. Currently I'm working with engineering and production to see if these lamps can be revived.

I also understand that the Aristo site will be changed around over the next few months to show only what is truly available.

Best Regards,
    Louise M. Kessler
    LCD Lighting, Inc.
    Voltarc
    37 Robinson Blvd.
    Orange, CT 06477
    Tel 1-203-799-7877 ext 3163

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Spence View Post
    I just got an update here in March from Louise Kessler at Aristo/Voltarc/LCD Lighting about the status of cold light lamps and lamp assemblies. I got her permission to post this here on APUG.

"This company purchased the rights to their product [Aristo] but has not acted upon it as of yet.

The cold light fixtures (complete assemblies) will not be produced.

I've just found the production templates on some of the lamps used in the Cold light heads last week. Currently I'm working with engineering and production to see if these lamps can be revived.

I also understand that the Aristo site will be changed around over the next few months to show only what is truly available.

Best Regards,
    Louise M. Kessler
    LCD Lighting, Inc.
    Voltarc
    37 Robinson Blvd.
    Orange, CT 06477
    Tel 1-203-799-7877 ext 3163
    Yes, I was already aware of this decision by Aristo (or rather LCD), but wasn't going to say anything until having permission from Louise.

Prior knowledge of this decision directly factored into my winning bid on that evil auction site last Friday for a rare "near-new" complete VCL 4500 unit.*

Given that LCD may not revive any of the former Aristo product line, perhaps there is someone - or a smaller existing company - that may be interested in picking up the line, if it's available?

My understanding from Louise was that Aristo was forced to relocate somewhere in Connecticut. Reportedly all of the tooling and other manufacturing items were packed into a truck that went unloaded for several months.

Since one of the only supposedly growth areas of film photography right now is large format, perhaps this might be a business opportunity for someone. If all of the tooling really is packed up and currently available, no major capital would be required to recreate it. And R&D would be minimal, as the product line is already mature and highly respected for its current functionality.

Maybe someone whose future depends on analog, and already manufactures small-scale, niche-market darkroom equipment might want to take a look? Might you be listening Photographer's Formulary? Or B&S? Or anyone else?

Ken

* If anyone reading this was one of the other bidders, I'm "h***y"...
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two threads merged.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin