Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,687   Posts: 1,482,338   Online: 884

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Aristo - new info

I spoke with the primary customer service person for Aristo, now an employee of Voltarc Technologies, the company that bought Aristo. She emailed me a statement that the company is comfortable having on our website, to avoid numerous calls and inquiries. However, letting the company know of the global interest in their products might not be a bad thing, as they discern the future of them. See below:

As of July 2009 Voltarc Technologies Inc. /Aristo Lighting Inc. went out of business.
    In mid August Light Sources, Inc. bought the physical assets and intellectual property rights of Voltarc Technologies Inc. /Aristo Lighting Inc.

Right now Light Sources Inc. is in the process of re-installing the vast amount of equipment from the 50,000 sq. foot Voltarc/Aristo plant into their own manufacturing plant in Orange, CT.
    The Aristo product line is on hold pending itís re-installation into itís new home.
    This re-installation is taking longer than expected and could be a few more months.

My current understanding is that the management is undecided as to how much of the Aristo product line they will produce. Replacements lamps should be fine, but the fate of the complete electrical units- cold light heads, light boxes and the like is unclear. I will not have solid information until management is actually faced with installing this production cell.

As for technical support Ė I have been trying to answer each customer the best I am able.
    I no longer have any engineer to rely on for technical information. As a result I may not be able to answer some questions to your satisfaction.

Any customer that is looking for lamps and material Ė I can only ask that you send me what you are looking for with your name, address and e-mail and when the status of the Aristo products is clearer I will contact you with what can be done.

I do appreciate ALL the support and friends Iíve made while servicing the Aristo product line.
    Its history has been remarkable for the vast variety of clients and markets itís serviced.
    I thank you for your support.

Best Regards,

Louise M. Kessler

LCD Lighting, Inc.
    Voltarc
    37 Robinson Blvd.
    Orange, CT 06477

Tel 1-203-799-7877 ext 3163
    Fax 1-203-795-5267
    email: louise.kessler@voltarc.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    That is almost good news! Thanks for the update.

I hope they continue to make an 8x10 cold light that is adaptable to different enlargers.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The news is welcome, the content was to be expected.

I'm putting an Aristo Cold Light Head for my Durst right under the Pocket Spot from Metered Light in my note book of products that might be could be but perhaps won't be.

Thanks for the post,
    Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks for the update.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I hope they decide to continue producing their cold light heads. I purchased one directly from them several years ago, dealing directly with Ms. Kessler. I also have had a couple of follow up transactions with them as well, and was extremely impressed with the customer service that she provided.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If they don't resume production the void could easily be filled by a company making affordable LED heads.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I sent an email a week or so ago and the company representative said they would decide what and when to restart after the first of the year. I just checked for the reply but I can't find it right now. They may come back but in what form who knows until it's a reality.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I, too, have been gently pinging Light Sources/Aristo regarding their ongoing status with the Aristo product line. I have told them I am prepared to immediately place an order for a new 4x5 VCL unit for my Omega D5-XL as soon as they might be ready to take my money. I have also been advised I must be patient and wait until after the first of the year for product line decisions to be made.

So right now I currently have $1,500 in cash in a small envelope with Aristo's name on it hanging in my darkroom. That's about all I can do at this point to show support.

Ken

Shooter
    35mm RF

Any News of Aristo V54 lamps?

Anybody have any Current info about what is happening with Aristo? I got a V54 lamp about 8 years ago and do a lot of printing, and I will be shifting to a new darkroom and I think I should get a backup lamp.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My advice would be to jump over to the Aristo web site at: http://www.aristogrid.com and ask Louise Kessler directly by clicking on the email link at the bottom of the page.

I currently have $1,500+ sitting in an envelope waiting to purchase a new VCL4500 series lamp assembly for my D5XL enlarger. I have been in periodic contact with Ms. Kessler over the last few months, but would not wish to characterize her comments to me publicly without her permission.

It can only help if you should decide to contact the company directly through her about purchasing any of their products.

Note that their web site is still up...

Ken

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin