Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,676   Online: 1100

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I think I have a good solution. I can get a Molex 5406 in-line female connector. Out of that connector will come two plugs. One goes to the timer, the other goes to a socket to power the fan. That connector is less than $10.

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/630/1117.PDF
    I've come to prefer Anderson Power Poles for this kind of connection. You can arrange them to suit your own needs, polarized or not, and they seem to be better long term than Cinch-Jones style connectors.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Lee,

That Omega head already has the Male Molex 5406 on the end of the cord. I wanted to keep it stock, in case a power supply turns up (which it likely may ).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Makes good sense Dale. I'll be interested to see your final results.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just realized there is no 'closure' on this thread.

A kind soul on the LF foum sent me a power supply (omega power tower) for free. I replaced the SCR in the timer and gave the refurbished head and refurbished timer and perfectly good power supply to a friend to start his first darkroom.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin