Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,199   Posts: 1,531,473   Online: 883

Thread: Durst RCP 40

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Durst RCP 40

Hey all,
    Does any one have a copy of the instructions for the Durst RCP 40. I would really like a scanned copy.
    Thanks
    Pat
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I physically have a RCP20, an 8" machine. Not sure how close to the 40 it is. I don;t have manual, but have a pretty good idea at its workings. Mine was regeared by a past owner to run RA-4 speed at some point; when new I think thay all ran for ep/2 speed, which was slower. Mine has a heater for the dev and blix tank; the small stop tank is not heated. The tanks do not have auto repenishment. The blix and dev tanks are on a common heat power loop from a thermal controller that senses developer temperature. In the rcp20 the heaters are in series; I suspect in larger processors the same heaters will run in parallel, or have separate thermal controls.

The achilles heel of these things is the rollers. There are foam rollers in some sections, that a some point, will deteriorate. I have no idea where you would ever find parts. If it is new to you, I would suggest fill the machine with water, check for leaks, check for temperatures and processor speed, and feed waste test strip paper through with the lid off to watch for smooth feeding before committing any more money to ordering chemicals. I have read of others doing a DIY speed change with sprocket wheels and chain drive to replace the gears for RA-4 processing.
    my real name, imagine that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin