Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,381   Online: 816

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Replacement Bulb Blues!

In my last posted thread, I described all kinds of printing trouble caused by a bad halogen lamp on my Agfa C66.

I do have a couple of spare bulbs, but need to aquire replacement ceramic sockets. No prob, right? Wrong!

Looking for a couple more bulbs at the same time, I can't find 100 watt 12volt MR16 anywhere on the web anymore.

I'm assuming I can drop to a 75 watt bulb (seemingly commonly available) with no damage to the transformer/power supply......correct, or not? Since they're not marked, would I be looking for a spot or flood? I'm also finding faceted reflectors, where the originals featured a smooth finished reflector.
    3400Kelvin, OK?

Input appreciated, please!

Jo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hi jo

have you checked don's bulbs
    http://www.donsbulbs.com
    or top bulb
    http://www.topbulb.com
    or grey supply
    http://www.bulbman.com

i wish i could help more ..

john
    Last edited by jnanian; 11-05-2009 at 07:20 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A 75 should be fine for the power supply. Presumably this enlarger uses a mixing box, so a flood or spot may not make much difference. Offhand I'd expect that the flood might avoid a possibilty of a hotspot, while you probably get more effective light from the spot. I'd probably try the spot first and make some careful test prints. If the color temperature is not the same, it will probably throw the filtration off some. Testing would be needed.

For the socket, I've seen some specialty bulb suppliers on the web that sell them, but I don't have any links. But a good lighting/electrical supplier should be able to get them. If nothing else, go to one of the big-box home centers and get the cheapest MR-16 track light head and take it apart. I'd also try Granger, digikey electronics, or maybe McMaster-Carr.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    EFP, EXP are the ansi designations, topbulb have them and the sockets as well.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a large amount of spare bulbs in a box I aquired in a Take all sale. I'll check for you.
    Any other specifics?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Thanks Folks!

All good advise found here! Yep, EFP's are the deal.....couldn't find 'em, but on the way to Topbulb when done here.

Thanks, Tom....have two spares, but might as well buy a couple more as long as I need to pay shipping on the bases.

Too glad I belong here, thanks again!

Jo

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin