Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,879   Online: 1075

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BBBold: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

I might try this then. Dev in tank. Pour dev into graduate and the stop into tank. Then from stop to tray with fix. I'll see. Thanks for all the answers guys.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    In my experience, the films sometimes get scratched when loose in a tray.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
    I am playing around (no conclusions yet) on loading film in my Combi back to back to double up the processing rate.
    Martin
    This would double the film surface area to 240 sq. in. Is the 40 oz. capacity of the Combi tank sufficient for this?
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwysiwyg View Post
    This would double the film surface area to 240 sq. in. Is the 40 oz. capacity of the Combi tank sufficient for this?
    Bob, of course it depends on your choice of developer

ID11/D76 & XTOL which I use are both fine.

I use my dev at 1+1 and so use 500ccs of developer per batch - which for ID11 gives me the capacity of 400 sq inches of film surface (10 sheets of 10x8 = 800sq inches x 0.5L)

8 sheets of 5x4 have 160sq inches of film surface.

Even if you managed to do 12 sheets in a tank you only have 240sq inches of film surface.

1L of XTOL has the capacity to develop 15 sheets of 10x8 film

However, if I were using Ilford Perceptol - which has a much more limited development capacity at 4 sheets of 10x8 per Litre of neat stock - I would have to limit myself to 8 sheets.

If you look at your developer manufactures data sheets they have the surface area of film each 1L of neat stock can process.

Note:- 1 off 135-36 film has the same surface area as 1 off 120 roll of film and 1 off 10x8 sheet (or 4 off 5x4 sheets) - they all come out at 80 square inches of film surface.

Hope this makes some sense

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Martin,

Yes, it makes sense, thanks. Some time I will have to get up the nerve to try and load 12 sheets.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Capacity for a gallon of HC110 at Dil 'B' is 20 sheets of 8x10. That would be 75-80 sheets of 4x5. 15-20 sheet of 4x5 for each litre/quart. So the capacity of the tanks would cover 12 sheets in HC110 Dil 'B' but it would definitely be a one-shot.

Dil 'A' would make it a two shot but could drop dev times below 5 min which is not recommended.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    I've developed 12 sheets of black and white film in the combiplan... it works but you have to separate the sheets after fixing and wash them six at a time to completely clear them.

I haven't tried color film and likely won't, color film and developer costs more so I don't mind taking my time.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    [QUOTE=djacobox372;895318]I've developed 12 sheets of black and white film in the combiplan... it works but you have to separate the sheets after fixing and wash them six at a time to completely clear them.

My efforts with back to back sheets sandwiching a drying screen mesh have so far not needed additional steps

I use both Delta & HP5 with Ilford Hypam at 1+4.

When I switch the lights on after 60sec in the fix, I keep expecting to see a milky/foggy emulsion but it has always been clear so far.

I don't exceed the manufacturers’ data sheet recommendations on fixing capacity

Despite being clear at 60 sec I still leave them in the fix for 4 mins - just to be sure and then into an extended wash.

I cannot see the rate of washing on the back surface of the film being that great, so I assume it will take a good while to wash away the now soluble remnants of the anti-halation layer

Martin

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I would not do that.

washing can cause fix to stay between two sheets which will cause problems after years...

Besides that a neg which its emulsion is located against the reel can have develop marks at the long sides of your neg because of the adhesion of the plastic with the neg.

What I did is, I bought another tank...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin