Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,149   Online: 1069

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Question about Yankee 4x5 tank

Looking at getting 4 of these:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ty_4_x_5_.html

Does anyone know the inside dimensions of this tank? I have several Kodak 4x5 hangars that are 5-1/4" wide and 5-3/4" deep, but the B&H site doesn't list the specs of this tank.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a complete set of Yankee tanks including the wash tank and the special developer tank with sheet film insert which adjusts for several sizes of sheet film.

If you look in the photo you posted, there are ridges along the edge of the tank. These are for Kodak metal 4x5 hangers. If you want the specific dimensions, I can do it, but that is the purpose of the ridges, holding the hangers and keeping them apart.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use those tanks with Kodak hangers; as long as each of your hangers holds just a single sheet of 4x5 you have the right ones. The tank isn't deep enough for the double hangers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, my hangars are 4x5 in landscape orientation, not portrait. The hangars are Kodak model 4A.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have found that Oxo ("Good Grips") brand 1.5 quart rectangular storage containers work well with the Kodak single sheet hangers. The sides aren't quite high enough for the hangers to clear the bottom, but that doesn't really matter. They are slightly cheaper than the Yankee you've linked to, and you can get them at Bed Bath and Beyond (sometimes discounted if you have one of their flyers) or other kitchen supply stores.
    Here's what it looks like; http://www.oxo.com/OA_HTML/xxoxo_ibe...0i5xcIJ%253AS~

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The Oxo looks like a good option for someone who likes to save money (read me) but it is transparent. Can the Yankee be used with the lights on? If so, it seems like it would be worth the few extra dollars.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Only the Yankee developer tank with insert can be used in the light. It has a light lock so you can pour in the solution and pour it out. The system has lids such that they can be put on with the insert in the tank for agitation in the light.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the Yankee light-tight developing tank now, but it produces uneven development across the edges that are in contact with the film holder. It's just not a great design, IMO.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have had mine for over 20 years and find it worked just fine for me. I used it all the time for C-22 processing and only switched when I got a Jobo. Are you using the Yankee film holder?

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin