Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,560   Posts: 1,545,261   Online: 808

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    JJ -

Sorry I missed this one earlier. "The first non-white strip" is difficult to define absolutely - what you're looking for is the equivalent of Zone VIII i.e. white with barely discernible detail, or 0.1 log D. This might be darker than you're currently aiming at.

If you find it easier to use a real negative to assess the highlights then that's fine - what you're aiming for is to set up the machine so that you get the results you want on a print. It's also important to be consistent across the grades so if you change grade, the resulting highlight density remains constant.

Hope that helps
    Regards
    Richard
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It sure does. I'll continue my calibrating with renewed enthousiasm. I,m positive that, my braincell will be able to get to grips with it. I'll will inform you of inevitable success. Geary, my postings shouldn't daunt you in anyway. I'm convinced your braincells, being a collective, will have no trouble at all. Dr. Phill, Dr. Ross, thanks for your generous help. This is indeed a great forum. All knowledgeable people seem to be here. If one of you told me that Dr Rudman is also a member, I would be flabbergasted.

Thanks again

JJ

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi Forum,

After some more mailing with dr Ross and some repairs on my enlarger-transformer, I'm happy to report that at last my analyzer seems to be calibrated for my favorite paper. I'm really chuffed. Thanks for your feed-back. Dr Phill, the stepwedge is indeed very handy!

JJ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin