Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,945   Posts: 1,585,833   Online: 979

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Zone VI enlarger screws

You can probably guess I have an older Zone VI enlarger. Need to find set screws for motorized focusing unit. Six very small screws when tightened secure sleeve to a rod. When screws are not tight, I can focus by hand. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thank you,

Trudee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try contacting Richard Ritter at http://www.lg4mat.net/

DAP

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I would try a local hardware store or Fastenal. You could also try smallparts.com or mcmaster.com if you would rather shop online. I don't have a Zone VI enlarger so I don't know which specific screws you are referring to, but I'd find it hard to believe that a small darkroom company would have custom one-off set-screws machined for them (although I've been wrong before ).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree with DAP - go to a hardware store with a large section of fasteners. That probably leaves out Lowes and Home Depot (assuming you're in North America).
    juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In the US, some fairly ordinary hardware stores, such as Ace, have a section with little pull-out slides of compartmented boxes with a bewildering array of small hardware. My nearest one has a surprisingly good selection of metric, brass and stainless steel parts, as well as the more mundane plated steel hardware.
    DaveT

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin