Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,432   Online: 915

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Three basic cheap methods - a small talking kitchen timer, counting (for short intervals, not sheet film), careful selection of music for length (see Hudson Hawk, 1991).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BBBold: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

My Gralab is about 12 inches from the paper and I go eight minutes testing the paper before I see a coin. I wouldn't sweat the glow-in-the-dark facings of a Gralab.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I use the Gralab too and it doesn't stay real bright very long, made evident if you have to slip out of the darkroom into the light and then go back into the dark, the dial is so dim you can barely find it. My timer sits a couple feet from my developer tray. The plugs on the timer and the alarm are useful.
    Dennis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an inexpensive kitchen timer that supports 3 independent times. I think I may have gotten it at Target but you should be able to find something similar on-line.

Ash

PS: Found it on-line: http://www.jr.com/polder/pe/PDR_891_hy_90/

Images
    I also use the Gralab with the sweeping green hands, and as mentioned above made a cardboard shade for safe measure—I can look directly at the clock face, but because of the shade it cannot glow directly onto the film. It is a great timer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use THIS:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_oh_product

The display is NOT lit but alarm will go off at the preset time. Very handy, actually....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Electrically downstream from my shaded gralab 300 face time is a home brew 555 IC timer that is curently set to chirp a sonalert buzzer for a part of a second every 30 seconds.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I use a kitchen timer with gaf tape on the 5 and 10 minute marks. It's pretty caveman but it works.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Timely thread, was logging in to ask same question as i use a Novex timer for exposure and a kitchen timer for the trays, i thought the Novex may have been putting out too much light, answers all here, thanx.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for all the responses so far - very interesting and useful reading! Looks like the Gralab is pretty popular, although I do like the idea of dubbing times over some appropriate tunes.
    Glad the thread has been useful to you too, whitefella!
    Ian

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin