Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,569,937   Online: 1058

Shooter
    35mm

Durst Lac 1200, CLS450, TRA 450 power supply

I've acquired a Durst Laborator 1200 enlarger with CLS 450 head. I also have the TRA 450 transformer/power supply, but not the ST450 Stabilizer/Timer unit.

I've found a brief discussion of this setup here: http://www.apug.org/forums/archive/i...p/t-40367.html.

My question is whether I can use a conventional (eg Novex) timer to drive the TRA 450. The TRA 450 has a timer power outlet on the back which supplies 220/240 volts (correct for us here in Australia) for the timer, but I'm wondering about the correct input voltage from the timer to the TRA 450. I would hope that the ST450 Timer unit would output at normal mains voltage, but would like to check. The timer input socket has a conventional pin pattern but has a moulded bar in the socket to prevent insertion of a standard plug.

Short version: for the Durst TRA 450 (Australian version) what is the correct voltage for the input from the timer?

Alternately: what is the output voltage of the ST450 (Australian version)?

Thanks.

Chris
    Chris

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Check out this link from the reliable folks at durst-pro-usa near Portland, Oregon, USA:
    http://www.durst-pro-usa.com/lamp_kit_2.htm
    They now have available a nifty voltage stabilized unit that replaces the TRA450 and is switchable between 120v and 240v inputs/outputs.

Shooter
    35mm
    That's a very impressive unit, at a very impressive price. I'm glad I don't need one.

I found the answer to my query - yes, I can plug my timer (240 volt output) directly into the timer input socket on the TRA450, and it works fine.
    Chris

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin