Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,707   Posts: 1,482,862   Online: 968

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Filtering Water

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Or perhaps the filters or system has one or more faults? I've seen that more than once.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Seriously, I do not know what the problem is.
    If it was that obvious I think i should have found it by now.
    Or maybe it is and something escapes me.
    I wear gloves, I use a jobo, I use distilled water and filter the rest. I use photo-flo and a drying cabinet. I have a humidity control machine and even cover my hair when I put the rolls in the reels. I clean the plastic tanks and reels well and check them for sediment. If I was any more anal, I would have been in jail.
    The problem has been so emotionally draining and extensive that I am seriously considering moving to digital.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ari, I really think there is a problem in your filtering system... some sort of by-pass around the filter(s). Are you SURE you're using the correct filter(s) for the container(s). How old are the filters? With a very bad water supply filters often need changing every 2-4 weeks. As we Texans say, "sumthin' ain't right wit' it".

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    Ari, I really think there is a problem in your filtering system... some sort of by-pass around the filter(s). Are you SURE you're using the correct filter(s) for the container(s). How old are the filters? With a very bad water supply filters often need changing every 2-4 weeks. As we Texans say, "sumthin' ain't right wit' it".
    Even if there is something wrong with the present filtration system, why didn't I get cleaner negatives when I used only distilled water?
    www.arigram.gr

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Did you thoroughly clean EVERYTHING... scrubbing and washing with distilled water... and replace any filters you may have pushed the distilled water through? If so then, as others stated, you may have an airborne issue and it must be pronounced. You're missing something somewhere. You used distilled water for washing?? Perhaps the soft film emulsion is collecting it in the process and holding it and the distilled rinse isn't removing it. This could well be the case if there are contaminants in your chemicals and the fixer hardens the emulsion locking the contaminants into place on the film. If that happens no amount of washing with distilled water will remove it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram View Post
    Even if there is something wrong with the present filtration system, why didn't I get cleaner negatives when I used only distilled water?
    Since you posted an example in an attachment (that I missed previously), could you check the base side of that negative*? It's not very probable, but drying marks on negatives can have that shape, although they usually fade and don't show up as perfect lines.

* Against light, it reveals even the finest scratches.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Anon Ymous View Post
    Since you posted an example in an attachment (that I missed previously), could you check the base side of that negative*? It's not very probable, but drying marks on negatives can have that shape, although they usually fade and don't show up as perfect lines.

* Against light, it reveals even the finest scratches.
    That's completely different than what I imagined. Yes, that looks like drying marks to me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    That's completely different than what I imagined. Yes, that looks like drying marks to me.
    Same for me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    are you using suficient quantity of photo flo?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Do you think these are also drying marks?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hairs.jpg  
    www.arigram.gr

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin