Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,774   Online: 1020

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DAP

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have always liked kearsarge timers (the 301 is a good basic model). Lektra timers are nice too - and usually cheap on the second hand market.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I own a Meopta Vipo Combi Model B6, simple and reliable.
    Ciao.
    Vincenzo

Shooter
    Large Format
    Lektra made the Zone VI enlarging timers. They are workhorses. Highly recommended.
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    Would someone please recommend a fairly simple timer for enlargers?

I am currently using an very old electronic timer (analog) that is neither accurate nor consistent. I have to check its setting against my watch to make sure it is set correctly.

I'd like to have something that will be accurate to, and readable to a second, do up to 60 seconds at minimum, have an ability to repeat the same setting multiple times, and cost as little as possible.

Thank you.
    If you're are looking for a new darkroom timer anyway, it may be a good opportunity to start with f/stop timing and look for a timer that supports it.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just refurbished the old Omega Solid State timer for a friend. Its the little box that forms the top of the "Power Tower" for the Chromega light source.

That is a fantastic little circuit. All resistors (high quality) and capacitors (Sprague 'orange drop') and a single SCR (that was blown). Very straight forward design. Big relay with easy to clean contacts. No complex integrated circuits or rare components.

If I ever see one of these in a box of junk I'm going to pick it up for myself. Should be easy to get working.

I think Ralph makes a very valid suggestion. If one is indeed "starting from scratch", then one should at least check the two F stop timers that are easily available, i.e., R.H. Designs, and Darkroom Automation. I have rarely seen these timers available on the used market though. Furthermore, the initial cost will certainly be somewhat higher than the other timers mentioned.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Lektra TM8

Quote Originally Posted by jgjbowen View Post
    Lektra made the Zone VI enlarging timers. They are workhorses. Highly recommended.
    The Lektra's are surely workhorses! They are indestructible.

Any insight on how the keep over the years re: repeatability? accuracy? I am beginning to suspect some drift with my LektraTM8 workhorse and would like to solicit insight before I take it apart, etc. I can get my hands on a Kearsarge to replace the Lektar. Good move? Bad move?

Thanks in advance.
    Jack Rosa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This thread is from four years ago...
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I know the thread is old but I thought it would be a good venue to pose my question re; Lektra TM8 timers.
    Jack Rosa

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I found it convenient if the timer is configured to support a safe light.
    RJ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin