Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,371   Online: 723

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    May I suggest this:-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Jung...item2a3069d867

Which in my opinion is the best darkroom clock.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just scored a vintage Kodak darkroom 60 minute timer in near new condition for cheap.

Shooter
    35mm

Novex R recommended

It's probably a bit late in the day to join Craig in putting in another good word for the very dependable Novex R timer, but perhaps my two bits' worth can benefit newer members who are wondering where to find an affordable darkroom timer.
    Czech precision mechanics are outstandingly reliable and durable ('Planned Obsolescence' definitely played no role in post-war Czech industrial production). I have two working Novex timers, one at home and one at the youth club. They are about 45 years old, and both are still eminently trustworthy. I think a beginner could do much worse than pick up a Novex R; they are plentiful at European auction sites and can be had for a song.

Regards, Michael

PS: The only thing about them I havent figured out is what to make of the inner scale on the display (see picture). The ascending arithmetical seconds scale is self-explanatory, but the descending logarithmic scale remains a mystery to me - but then again, I have never needed it. Suggestions would be most welcome, however!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Novex R timer.jpg  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin