Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,922   Posts: 1,556,624   Online: 1287

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also double check input voltage (220v vs 240v). Did the resistor blow right away, or only after triggering the main colorhead bulb. Does the small bulb La1 light up?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bartosz, thanks for the pdf's, they just printed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    THE PROBLEM SOLVED

Triac replacing solved the problem. Equivalent for original Triac TAG256/200 (no longer produced???) is Q2015R5.
    I haven't found it in my area but seller suggested BT138-600 as equivalent.
    So far I'v tested short switching series and long exposition as well and it works fine.

Many thanks for your support
    Bartosz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Excellent. I was going to suggest replacing it as the only other problem could be the relay in your unit, and that would not burn out the resistor.

Thanks for the diagrams, my power supply is the 3D version, not many electronic components in it. I will have to clean the relay contacts on the replacement one that is in it, and I will look in my parts bin for a 15 or 20 amp unit. The existing 10 amp one is a bit on the small size for switching for a bulb that draws 10 amps when running.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I replaced the relay on my spare psu with a 30A relay!

Cheers Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin