Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,290   Online: 756

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JOBO ATL-3

Shooter
    Multi Format

JOBO ATL-3

Just got one on Sunday for FREE! Has the manual and had a bunch of extra tanks and reels 'n' such.

The drain is missing any kind of a check-valve, so I am going to install one underneath the unit before it exits out the back. It's the only way I can see to have the tempering bath and the chemical recovery tank stay full.

I'm wondering if anyone has this unit and can take some photos of the drain assembly. I have not been able to run it through a complete program yet b/c I'm still plumbing it and setting up the workspace for it.

I know it's a long shot, but I thought I'd ask. Thanks!
    Michael Slade

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here's a video of me doing some initial set-up and testing. I still have the drain issue to figure out.

ATL-3 video.
    Michael Slade

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Michael:

I don't have anything directly helpful to contribute, save and except encouragement.

I wanted to thank you for the video though, because:

a) I've always wondered what the Jobo ATL series looked like, and how the lifts and chemical pouring actually worked, and now I know; and
    b) for some reason, your video is fascinating - almost hypnotic.

I guess I do belong in the darkroom .

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    check ebay's completed listings, also craigslist. I've seen some detailed pics of this thing recently.
    It's got keys! All I want for Christmas is a film processor that has keys!
    Last edited by wildbill; 11-26-2009 at 04:20 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Michael,

The tempering bath must stay full, in the recovery tank there is a "handle" to empty the tempering bath.
    The chemical recovery tank must be empty.
    What you now have is probably an over fill because you put a stop in the chemical recovery tank drain.
    If the tempering bath is having too much water it overflows in the recovery tank, but when there is a stop in the chemical recovery tank it will overflow.
    To check the tempering bath stop, you have to remove the top coverplate on the side where all the chemical containers reside.

I have an ATL3 and have dismantled it all to clean and check for proper working.
    It is not hard to dismantle the machine, just do not force things.

Mike
    --Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mike,

YAY! Someone else that has an ATL-3! I can NOT find the handle in the tempering bath for the drain. I have looked and looked and if it was a snake it would have bit me by now. Can you PLEASE take a photo of yours and send it to me? sladephoto@yahoo.com

I have been scratching my head all day trying to figure out how to make the drain work and haven't been able to figure it out. I was about to install a manual valve for both the tempering and the drain basins, but I will wait until you have a chance to reply to this post.

To everyone else, yes, this thing is very cool. I also love the fact that it has keys. It's actually pretty cool to use the key to switch back and forth from the processing function to the run function. Something uber-geeky about a JOBO with keys.

I can take a better video if anyone is interested. After I shot it I realized that I didn't really give the wide shot showing the entire thing. I will once I get it installed in it's final working location.

Thanks for the encouragement and any help you can give!
    Michael Slade

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Michael,

I do not have photo's at the moment.
    But if you remove chemical bottle 1 at the front side, you should see the drain opening on the tempering bath.
    The stop in the drain is some kind of rubber stop connected to a spring that is pressed down into the drain, and connected on the other side to the handle that you can reach on the side of the chemical disposure.
    If the rubber stop and spring is missing, you could replace that with a "normal" stop and keep the water in the processor all time.
    You should not make a valve in the chemical drain bassin, it will eventually overflow and all chemicals will polute your tempering bath.
    You can put bottles in the chemical drain bassin to collect wasted chemicals, so that stop and fix can be reused.

Mike.
    --Mike

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Michael,

I found a picture on the Jobo site.
    http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service_ana...tins/b012c.htm
    See the black handle at picture 26.12 (middle at the bottom of the picture)
    --Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Awesome, thanks Mike. You have no idea how much of a help this is. I really appreciate it.
    Michael Slade

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is awesome, I want one !!
    Seriously, though, is it practical for 1-3 runs per month? So, do you need to flush all the chemical tanks out if it will sit a month without use? Is it supposed to turn that slow? Won't hold an expert drum will it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin