Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,674   Posts: 1,481,898   Online: 1129

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

16 rolls of 120 film in a Jobo CPP-2

I haven't tried this before and I was wondering if someone has.
    I have a Jobo CPP-2 with the Lift and I am happy developing 8 rolls of 120 at once with a 2561 tank. Because of a tight deadline and a mountain of rolls that need to be developed in a hurry, I decided to combine a 2560 tank to make a looooong 16 roll monster tube.
    Now, considering one tank needs around 1000ml of liquid (less but I prefer to round it up) and that, if I am not mistaken, the instructions warn not to exceed 1500ml, will I damage the motor if I make two-three runs of this volume?
    I know that the Lift would need assistance to perform its duty but I mostly worry about the motor. I wonder why Jobo has made this combination of tanks available if it is not recommended?
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    have you tried calling them?

jobo USA tel # (734) 453-0300

jobo AG(Ger) tel #

Tel: +49 (0)2261 - 545-40/62/79 (sales number)
    Tel: +49 (0)2261 - 545-79 (repair number)

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't stress you motor. Ask anyone with a bad motor how easy it was to get a new one
    I'd make up two dry 8-reel tanks and run them one after the other. You are only going to save a few minutes by doing the all together.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ya,

I'd follow ic-racer's rec's just out of safety... time is time, and you can't get it back, but getting those negs right might be something you may not want to experiment with at this time, just out of a time constraint :o

-Dan

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Rollo Pyro instructions are to mix 1 Ltr water with 15ml of part A and 30ml of part B for five 8x10s in an Expert drum. I use the same ratio for two 7x17s in an extended 2500 series drum. I shoot about 250 7x17 a year and 100 8x10. My CPP-2 is running fine after three years, but I do have a back up in case it breaks. On the other hand 16 rolls is a lot of images to lose if you make a simple stupid mistake of any kind. I am very good at simple stupid mistakes especially when tired and under time constraints.

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I say you should go for it with only 1500 mL of developer. Since you cannot double your normal volume (only 1.5x it), you would have to guess at a developing time. If your negs come out just a little flat by only having 75% of your normal volume per roll, it is not the end of the world, and certainly better than too contrasty (in most cases). Maybe just add a little time, or take a chance that the development would be fine with only 1.5x your normal volume (which it probably would be).
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 11-27-2009 at 03:16 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ok, I settled for 10 rolls at once, using five reels.
    Since I usually process 8 rolls like that, it shouldn't put too much stress, since the liquid mix measures up to 1300ml.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin