Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,603   Online: 824

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dunco enlarger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo Maielli View Post
    Sad destiny for the IFF enlarger owners and very bad commercial policy.
    Absolutely! I also asked for documentation such as user and service manuals, parts lists, etc, and they didn't have any of that either. I find it a little surprising that they show so little interest in their own past and company history.

Luckily, the Ampliator is made to last several lifetimes of heavy usage, and is also relatively simple. I have for example repaired the lens stage counterweight and rewired the colour head without much difficulty.

Trond

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I tested the Dunco enlarger tonight. It works well, and is very convenient to use. So this one will probably replace my old Meopta Opemus IIa.

Trond

Shooter
    35mm RF
    This comforts me, because my next condenser enlarger will choose between the Dunco 67 or Kaiser VPC 7005.
    Ciao.
    Vincenzo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, Dunco is vey good. You have the CVC module, color and VC in one filter unit, very convenient. Last Dunco II systems are all 6x7cm, 90cm column or 120cm column or the pro with 120 column and side column for big enlargements. Best feature of the Dunco is the very efficient light system, 100W halogen only but short printing times. I upgraded from a Meopta IIa to a Dunco II 120 pro 10 years ago. I have it also with the Heiland split grade unit. Very convenient. I whish you a lot of success with this nice enlarger.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thank you Robert.
    Ciao.
    Vincenzo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As Robert says, exposure times are short. So short, that I have put a ND filter on the mixing chamber.

Trond

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can also put a ND 0,6 filter on your lens. I have Rodenstock; 40,5mm ND 0,6. Not necessary with B&W but with color RA-4 paper you need it. The smallest prints I am making is 13x18cm. You can also change the lamp Osram HLX 100W to HLX 75W but this is only a minor difference. Split Grade needs also a bit more light and with this system it doesn't matter when the times are short.

Best regards,

Robert

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin