Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,998   Posts: 1,524,309   Online: 843

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dunco enlarger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Dunco enlarger

I just got a Dunco Modell II-66 CVC with at Focotar 40mm for free! A nice little enlarger for negatives up to 6x6. It has both colour and mulitigrade filters built in, a feature I've never seen before.

Included was a Saunders 4-blade easel, a Peak grain magnifier, a large selection of trays up to 40x50 cm, and a lot of other bits and pieces.

The previous owner had unsuccessfully tried to sell the equipment for a long time, before he gave up. Better to give it away than dumping it on the garbage tip, he told me.

A good thing about this enlarger is that Dunco is still in business, so spare parts are readily available.

Trond

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Excellent! Do you have a darkroom?
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Congratulations - you have been gifted some very nice equipment

Use it well and produce some great photographs with it

Martin

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Excellent stuff, the lens is fantastic, my vivid congratulations!
    Oslo is a very nice city, i was there in 1981.
    Ciao.
    Vincenzo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Currently I use the bathroom as darkroom, and it works fairly well. We are planning to move to a house next year, because we need more space. One of the first things I will do then is to build a darkroom. I also have a very large IFF Ampliator 13x18 cm enlarger, and a nice Meopta Opemus IIa.

It's funny that now that I have more equipment that I could ever dream of only a few years ago, it's still just as difficult to make good photographs. Quality equipment does help on the technical quality though.

Trond

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice. I found some pictures on the internet. Looks like a good enlarger. Is the column really offset to the corner of the baseboard?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My enlarger has the standard 90 cm column, the larger offset column is an option I believe.

Trond

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The IFF Ampliator 13x18 is a fantastic and sturdy italian enlarger (IFF mean Industrie Fotografiche Firenze). Unfortunately, the IFF don't produce anymore the enlargers, from over 20 years.
    Ciao.
    Vincenzo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, the IFF is a very sturdy and heavy piece of equipment. I'm currently restoring it, and it will hopefully be finished soon. SK Grimes is machining a part for me. I contacted IFF some time ago about their enlargers, and they told me that they don't offer any support, nor have any parts, for their enlargers.

Trond

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Sad destiny for the IFF enlarger owners and very bad commercial policy.
    Ciao.
    Vincenzo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin