Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,907   Posts: 1,555,893   Online: 1003

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    case settle. I'm going for it!

I'm saving my pennies .

blessings,

-Dan
    Occasionally they come up used. My friend just picked up the Peak 1 on the LF forum for $70 USD. A few scratches on the mirror but nothing to alter performance. If it were worse a new mirror is only $20.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I agree, I got mine on ebay for $56. They can be had for very little if you shop around and be patient. Don't let the fact that you don't have one yet interfere with your image making, though. Yes, it is nice to have one, but it should not prevent you from working at all.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    greg,

i will still print until I can afford to get one ! just at a reduced rate, one being paper cost( pringting mostly rc right now, expired or free 'given' paper mostly).

works for me.

thanks

btw, ebay is where my focus lies for these

thanks

-Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I found one on largeformatphotography.info I think. For cheap. Great shape, the top of the line model, for somewhere between $50-75. I forgot. I watched ebay for awhile for one. Should be able to get it for <$100 there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    case settle. I'm going for it!

I'm saving my pennies .

blessings,

-Dan
    A very wise man ... being able to see the grain at the edges, not just a small area in the center makes it worth it.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm going to be picking up a device to help with focusing as well. What's the difference between a Peak and a Bestwell Microsight? I was looking at a Peak 3 or Microsight 25x...Peak is only 10x but costs more. Is there going to be a big performance difference?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    are there multiple version of the peak? is the omega one the same as the peak?

thanks

Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    There are 3 versions of the Peak. 2000, 2020, or 2030. Also known as I, II, and III. The 2000/I can look 30 degrees off axis. The II does 20 degrees and the III does 10.

The Omega is a rebranded Peak I'm pretty sure. Don't know which model though. The I has about a 3" long mirror.

peak focusers

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    The Omega is a rebranded Peak I'm pretty sure. Don't know which model though. The I has about a 3" long mirror.

peak focusers
    I'm not sure what the history is, but I'm fairly sure these were sold under the Omega brand long before there was a Peak brand of photographic optical accessories, though it may be that the manufacturer has been the same all along.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Very well. The designs are similar (the same?) so I assume someone is rebranding someone.

I have to admit, Omega/LPL/Saunders/whoever is very confusing to me. What's the history there?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin