Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,954   Posts: 1,522,786   Online: 949

Images
    I've got quite a few discolored trays, and the dev tank in my nova has nasty deposits on it. What is the recomended proceedure for cleaning each of them?

The jobo site suggests "color lab cleaner" is there a home brew version of this? I can't find it locally.

Brian
    hi!

Jobo used to sell it's own cleaner. it was great stuff. used it on my Nova processor and it was almost magical. Sure they don't sell something themselves?

Images
    I used to use Kodak System Cleaner when I worked in labs. It was nasty yellow stuff but black silver stains disappeared on contact without even wiping.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Images
    I bought a kit from edwal today at the store near my house. So far it hasn't done a very good job on the dev tank in the nova, but the trays looks like new. Looks like I'll need to put some elbow grease into it, or just forget about it since I wont see it in the dark
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For trays I just fill the trays with water and add a couple tbl spns of laundry bleach. Let set overnight and they sparkle.

Dude,
    this is the stuff I mentioned in my previous post. accept no substitues!

Jobo Processor Clean II also comes in a larger size.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...u=74246&is=REG

edz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    I've got quite a few discolored trays, and the dev tank in my nova has nasty deposits on it. What is the recomended proceedure for cleaning each of them?

The jobo site suggests "color lab cleaner" is there a home brew version of this? I can't find it locally.

Brian
    see my "formula" posted in the colour forum for "Removing developer tar from a Nova deep tank".

For general clean-ups I tend to use a vinegar cleaner from the drugstore and sometimes an orange or citrus based cleaner.

Nova Darkroom in the UK additionally reccomends the use of Chorline Bleach to clean the water tanks. This is NOT a good idea for Jobo processors. The NOVA processors have glass heating elements and use acryilc plastics. Most other processors don't.
    Edward C. Zimmermann
    BSn R&D // http://www.nonmonotonic.net

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Nova sell their own cleaner for their processors.
    For trays I just use domestic bleach.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin