Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,490   Posts: 1,542,946   Online: 888

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Help With Purchasing Enlarger and Extras

Hopefully this is okay to ask here.

I have been looking around for some darkroom equipment to do some black and white printing. In my area someone is selling some darkroom equipment. They are asking $75.00 OBO for all this stuff. I have include some pictures I was sent from the seller. Everything in the images are include. Enlarger, timer, 6 trays, 35mm negative carrier and 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 negative carrier, omega 75mm f/4.5 enlarging lens w/f stop scale , 50mm f/35 enlarging lens w/ f-stop scale and box (7) variable contrast filter by Beseler for black and white printing and whatever else is pictured.

This is within my budget but I don't know a whole lot about this stuff. I don't know the model of the enlarger, I know that it is Omega brand. Given everything is in working order does this look like its working going for? I would also like to be able to print 6x7. Would I be able to use this stuff if I got a 6x7 negative carrier or whatever else might be needed?

Thanks for any information you can provide with this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails darkroom.jpeg   darkroom2.jpeg  
    Last edited by justinphilip; 12-22-2009 at 09:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't see any pictures, but it sounds like its a med format omega or Bessler enlargers,there good enlargers. Dark room medium format equipment is going for a low price right now on ebay and Craigslist. Don't know about the 6X7 part .

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes I just realized I forgot to add the photos. They are up now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From the photo, it looks like maybe it's the Concept Six - http://www.khbphotografix.com/omega/
    On the left side, click on "discontinued enlargers" then look at that list. I don't know enough about Omegas to know if it can do 6x7.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Bessler 23C will handle up to 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 (6x9). Some have found them as cheap a $50 in good condition. I've been using one for nearly 40 years and it still looks and works like new.
    "Pictures are not incidental frills to a text; they are essences of our distinctive way of knowing." Stephen J. Gould

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by justinphilip View Post
    Hopefully this is okay to ask here.

I have been looking around for some darkroom equipment to do some black and white printing. In my area someone is selling some darkroom equipment. They are asking $75.00 OBO for all this stuff. I have include some pictures I was sent from the seller. Everything in the images are include. Enlarger, timer, 6 trays, 35mm negative carrier and 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 negative carrier, omega 75mm f/4.5 enlarging lens w/f stop scale , 50mm f/35 enlarging lens w/ f-stop scale and box (7) variable contrast filter by Beseler for black and white printing and whatever else is pictured.

This is within my budget but I don't know a whole lot about this stuff. I don't know the model of the enlarger, I know that it is Omega brand. Given everything is in working order does this look like its working going for? I would also like to be able to print 6x7. Would I be able to use this stuff if I got a 6x7 negative carrier or whatever else might be needed?

Thanks for any information you can provide with this.
    My advice would be to hold on for an enlarger which can do 6x7 w/o modification. Those latter Omega's are capable enlargers (I loved my C- 700) but you should be able to do better than that.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The enlarger looks like Omega C-700 to me. I have no idea what it is that is sitting under the enlarger and has few knobs. If it were me, I'd be comfortable paying $75 assuming everything works as advertised. In fact, if everything works, I'd probably jump on it.

Just to give you an idea, my enlarger has cost me $40. I paid $35 for the VC filters. I paid about $20 for the trays. I just bought a new timer for about $180, etc, etc, etc. You may not need everything in this package but for what you need, I think you are getting a good deal.

Oh, I don't think C-700 can do 6x7... but since I do not have that model, I'll defer to others. Typically, IF the enlarger is capable of that size (which I don't *think* it is), you'll need negative carrier, condenser, and lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It looks like a good deal,find out about the 6x7 part, if you know the model, which it can of looks like a c-700, go do a google search for omaga ,c700.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It looks like it will do 6x7 (google omega c700). You will need the right negative carrier and a lens that will cover it. If it has something for 6x6, the lens may cover 6x7. It is a good deal. The C700 isn't the most robust enlarger around, but it will get you started and it is inexpensive!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was wrong. It DOES do 6x7. Here's a link to the manual assuming it really is C700.

http://www.darkroompro.com/pdf/enlargers/omega_c700.pdf
    According to its page 11, 6x7 (requires?) 105mm lens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin