Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,990   Online: 786

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maytag front loader commercial duty with water saver. Then I toss them into the dryer on permanent press cycle.

Shooter
    Large Format
    East Street Gallery washer. Older than dirt, but it works fine :-)

John

Shooter
    35mm
    I just developed (pardon the pun) my own washer that is not the simplest system, but it is fairly efficient and can be had for only ~$10. I bought an adapter from a hardware store that I can screw a length of plastic hose with a connector onto. The opposite end of the hose lies in the bottom of a bucket that I allow to overflow. After 10 min. without wash aid, I hang to dry in the shower. There's no slots so the print(s) float around in the bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    Maytag front loader commercial duty with water saver. Then I toss them into the dryer on permanent press cycle.
    I hope that you're not completely serious about that. I'd feel queasy about having my prints tumble dry.
    If you are considering switching to digital, ask yourself this: What would Ansel do?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use button magnets to hold them on the drum, set timer for 30 mins, and kick back to watch them dry.

Rick

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I wash mine in a Gravity Works 11x14 print washer. It is expensive but light enough to mount on the wall and seems to be pretty efficient. I dry them in the dryer, no starch but some fabric softener . The dryer fortunately has a drying cabinet with a half dozen racks ready for prints.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Zone VI 16x20, but I need to cement some kind of valve and hose connector on the drain plug thing at the bottom. I cannot drain it from the cart on which it lives.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    I use button magnets to hold them on the drum, set timer for 30 mins, and kick back to watch them dry.

Rick
    Sounds like a sledge hammer to kill a fly.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slumry View Post
    I wash mine in a Gravity Works 11x14 print washer. It is expensive but light enough to mount on the wall and seems to be pretty efficient. I dry them in the dryer, no starch but some fabric softener . The dryer fortunately has a drying cabinet with a half dozen racks ready for prints.
    Interesting name 'Gravity Works'. By the way, when it comes to print washing, gravity does not work! Contrary to popular believe, fixer does not sink to the bottom of the washer.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    Sounds like a sledge hammer to kill a fly.
    Just checking to see if anyone REALLY pays attention to the posts, or if they are here to toot their own horn.

Rick
    BTW I wash in the bath tub like most folks do(I loves that shower action)---But really--I use a large tray to wash my prints. kodak recommends using a 'fast' water flow of water at a rate of 12 complete changes per hour, so I soak for 5 min. intervals, with 12 changes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brian steinberger View Post
    A summitek 11x14 print washer
    I second that. I wish I could have gotten the 20x24.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin